Thursday, February 2, 2012

Fur Fiesta

Greetings, gentle people of the internet!

I have quite the quandary in front of me...my beloved Pomeranian, Peanut, is shedding like crazy. He's usually a light shedder, leaving a few fur balls here and there, but lately I find his hair all over my couch. I'm too young to cover my couch with plastic, so I need another viable solution.

Before you respond with a brilliant "Hey Jerry Hingle, why don't you Google it?" please know that I did Google it, and found some interesting facts about Poms. According to PetPom.com, shedding is triggered by light. Who knew? Yes, indeed, the more light in the day, the more your pom (or any dog) will shed. This may apply to dogs who spend a lot of time outside, but not my little Peanut. Peanut is an indoor dog, so he shouldn't be shedding so heavily. On top of that, it has been very gray and gloomy these past weeks, so that rules out the sunlight theory. I am quite puzzled.

I found another interesting article from EcoLife about dog shedding and some ways to counter it. One tip suggested giving your dog omega supplements. I will definitely try that, and I will also try vacuuming Peanut. Don't worry, he's a tough little guy and can stand a low powered vacuum to his fur.

If you encountered the same problem (and if you're a dog owner, I'm sure you have) I'd love any advice or suggestions.

Jerry Hingle, signing off!  

No comments:

Post a Comment