Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Vintage Drinks

Morning Everyone!
You must be thinking: "Geeze Jerry Hingle, cocktails at 10am?!" I know it's a little early to be talking about spirits, but I found the most awesome book yesterday about Vintage drinks and I need to blog about it.

After making a savory pot of macaroni and cheese for dinner, I realized my culinary repertoire is slightly barren. I  can't remember the last time I made a meal that I actually liked. My culinary curiosity needs rejuvenating, so I decided to make a trip to Barnes & Noble for a hot new cook book that might do the job.

Instead, I found this: Vintage Cocktails: Retro Recipes for the Home Mixologist. The illustrations are so colorful and vibrant and the recipes are awesome! Pink Lady, Manhattan, Grasshopper, Mai Tai, Tom Collins, I could go on. I love the way this author gives a brief history and commentary on the drink; she's got so much character. Anyways, I put it down and decided to wait till I get some more dough before buying it. But I can hardly wait to stock up on bitters and syrups and then try my hand at mixology.

There's only one problem, I still need to spice up my cooking life! Do you have a cookbook that you love and live by? One that can get me out of my Kraft macaroni and cheese rut? Jerry Hingle needs a helping hand. 

No comments:

Post a Comment