Thursday, April 12, 2012

Jerry Hingle's Purple Rita

It's 5 o'clock here in ATX, and that means it's time for happy hour. Unfortunately, I can't make it to the bars cause my poor cat Oz is not feeling so well...she keeps coughing and meowing strangely. I'm not sure what the issue is, but I'm not about to leave her side for a half price drink!

Luckily, Jerry Hingle still has some delicious margarita tricks up his sleeve. Of course, I'm now an Austinite, it's my job to learn and love the art of the rita. Here's my take on the purple margarita. Yes, it may not be the exact Baby A's recipe, but you'll find it tastes pretty good.

The Purple Rita

You will need:

  • 2 oz Sweet and Sour Mix 
  • 2 oz of Chambord Raspberry Liquor 
  • 1 (or half) oz of Everclear (depending on your preference) 
  • 1 oz of Lime Juice
  • 1 oz of Cranberry Juice
Pour all contents into a shaker and shake it nice and good. Pour it over ice in a salt rimmed glass and you're good to go! Or, if you prefer frozen, throw your glass of ice and the mix into the blender and hit puree.

It's as easy as that. Now I can enjoy happy hour in the comfort of my own home to the sounds of poor Oz coughing up fur-balls in the background. Mmm-mm. Tasty.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment