Friday, April 20, 2012

Jerry Hingle's Adventures with Peanut

Happy Friday, Everyone!

Gosh, it's already the end of April. How time flies when you're having fun. I want to dedicate this blog entry to my dear friend, Peanut. If this is your first time reading about my adventures, then you probably don't know who Peanut is! He's my adorable Pomeranian. Anyone who reads my blog knows how much of a dog lover I am, therefore I was horrified to read about the story of Cisco: a dog who was shot by a police man in Austin, Texas. I want to urge anyone who is aware of this story to like their Facebook page.  

I was very sad to hear about this, and as a dog owner I completely empathize with Cisco's owner. But I need to get back to the topic at hand before I go off and start preaching about injustice. Of course the first thing a person thinks about when something like this happens is, "what if it had been me?" When I read this story I grabbed Peanut and gave him a big hug. I decided that this weekend would be all about my fun little friend.

Here's a list of my favorite pet friendly spots in Austin, Texas:

1. Town Lake
Whenever I come with Peanut we usually take a walk and enjoy the sparkling waters of Town Lake. But if you really want to enjoy the lake, you can take your dog on the boat at the Zilker Park Boat Rentals! Yup, dogs are allowed on the boats. Hopefully Peanut isn't too afraid of the turtles.

2. The Domain
The Domain is a great place for dogs. Almost every store places cool bowls of water outside their doors for shoppers' canine friends. Peanut and I like to walk around, window shop, and then stop for a bite at the yogurt place.

3. Dog and Duck Pub
This is just a great place to drink a beer and have a bite to eat. It's even better cause you can bring your dog as long as you sit on the front patio. Which is fine by me!

There are so many places in Austin to take your canines if you don't want to leave them at home. Check out DogFriendly.com for more ideas!

That's all from me, folks, but ya'll have a great weekend!



   

No comments:

Post a Comment