Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Jerry Hingle's Thanksgiving Rant

Howdy Folks,
It's November already and the holiday cheer (and marketing) is in full swing! I've already made my first batch of cookies in  preparation for Thanksgiving! What? You mean you don't make turkey and pilgrim hat shaped sugar cookies for your neighbors??

Why does everyone forget about Thanksgiving? Sure it means nothing after all the native americans were pushed off their land and left to adapt to a world that was completely unnatural to them...but think about the pies! The dressing, the stuffing, the casseroles!!!

Yes, call Jerry Hingle heartless, but I love Thanksgiving for one reason and one reason only...the FOOD! I go absolutely crazy in the month of November trying different recipes in an attempt to find the perfect dish to bring to my mother's house. Already I've made pumpkin bread, both savory and sweet, cranberry relish, green bean and corn cream casserole, croissants from scratch, and sweet potato pie. Mmm mm mm. My mouth is watering. I haven't quite decided what to make yet, but tonight I'm going to attempt and make this recipe:

Giada's Ciabatta Stuffing with Chestnuts and Pancetta

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/giada-de-laurentiis/ciabatta-stuffing-with-chestnuts-and-pancetta-recipe/index.html

It looks difficult, it looks expensive, and it looks delicious. Wish me luck as I try my hand at the lovely Giada's stuffing. She's so gorgeous, the food has to be tasty right? I'll let you know how it goes.

 -

No comments:

Post a Comment